pátek 21. června 2019
čtvrtek 7. března 2019
The 'Horse Guards Regiment'
(in Russian: Конный лейб-гвардии полк )
is a regiment of the imperial guard of the 'Russian Empire founded in 1721 under the reign of Peter the Great.On December 21, 1725, it was reorganized into Life Regiment according to the Swedish model and staffed exclusively by noblemen.
Unlike other dragoons, the regiment received a red instrument color and camisoles with golden cords; equipment and weapons were the same with the guard; instead of one pistol, two, and there were no axes. The Life Regiment was granted the timpani of the Swedish Horse Guards taken from them at the Battle of Poltava on July 8, 1709 .
On December 31, 1730 ( January 11, 1731 ), the regiment was named the Horse Guards and was given all the rights of the guard - thus the beginning of the regular guards cavalry. Staff of the regiment: 5 squadrons of 2 companies each (a total of 1,423 people, of which 1,111 are front-line officers ). Empress Anna assumed the rank of colonel or chief of the regiment; then this title was worn by Peter III and Catherine II .
St. George's standard with St. Andrew’s jubilee ribbon and inscriptions: “For the capture of the enemy banner at Austerlitz and for the distinction of the defeat and expulsion of the enemy from the limits of Russia in 1812” and “1730-1830”. 22 St. George's pipe, with the words "Fere-Champenoise." Silver timpani with the inscription: "Sub. Felicissimo, cersemine Potentissime Regissvecia Carolus XII cum. Polonis Saxon. Tart. Woloscis et noc formen icta globum, hostitis Clitzoviam in Pol. 1702 "(" For the glorious victory of the Great King of Sweden Charles XII over the Poles, Saxons, Tatars, Wallachs and other foreign peoples under Kleshov in Poland. 1702 ").
Horse Guards Manege was erected in the years 1804-1807 by the architect Giacomo Quarenghi . The building in classical style , stretched between Konnogvardeisky Boulevard (No. 2) and Admiralteyskaya Street (the modern address is Yakubovich Street , 1) faces to Senatskaya Square and Aleksandrovsky Garden with its facade.
Between 1931 and 1934, the prisoner “ sharashka ”, architect N. Ye. Lancere, carried out the reconstruction of the arena under the OGPU garage: a second floor with leading ramps was built on it.
Since 1967, the building of the former Horse Guards Manege has been used as an exhibition hall (Manezh Central Exhibition Hall).